Carnival is one of the things you don’t want to miss while living in Spain. This year, 2019, the Carnival in Madrid will start a bit later than usual, on the 1st of March and will go on for a week until the 6th of March. During these days, you will get to dance, wear costumes and party until you run out of energy!
This year, Chamartin will be the most important district of the Carnival, since the parade that marks the beginning of the celebrations will start at 11 am on Pradillo Street, corner with Marcenado, and will cross Príncipe de Vergara Street, continue through Cartagena street, Lopez de Hoyos and Nieremberg, to finish in the Parque de Berlín.
In addition to this, during these days there will be lots of cultural activities in these neighbourhoods and everyone is welcome to assist.
Some of these activities are:
Carnival in Madrid for children:
- La radio del Carnaval: On 1st of March from 17-19.30h, there will be a program that will gather the carnivalesque spirit of
La Prospe neighborhood with the participation of children and adults at Plaza de Properidad.
- Play ‘n’ Kids: A family concert on Saturday 2nd of March from 12.30h for all children in tribute to pop-rock successes.
- Baile de disfraces: Organized by the Fundación Orquesta Sinfónica de Chamartín at 17.30h at Parque de Berlín.
Carnival in Madrid for adults:
- Carnival concerts at Parque de Berlín: Limando at 20.45h, machete en boca at 21.30h and O’Funk’Illo at at 22.30h
Carnival in Madrid for everyone:
- Entierro de la Sardina: It would be lovely if the carnivals lasted forever, but unfortunately, they always come to an end. The good thing is that the “burial of the sardine” is one of the best parts of it! As part of the tradition, people join a carnival parade that parodies a funeral procession and culminates with the burning of a sardine.
10-15h: Tour of the Cofradía por el Madrid de los Austrias. Ends in the Plaza Mayor with the reading of the proclamation and a musical performance.
17.30-21h: Tour of the Cofradía y los Gigantes y Cabezudos: San Antonio de la Florida – Fuente de los Pajaritos. (Moncloa-Aravaca District).
- IX FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE MAGIA: The festival will gather on the stage of Circo Price Illusionists of different nationalities and disciplines from February 7 to March 10 Information and tickets: teatrocircoprice.es
Are you ready to start celebrating? Whether you want to attend the celebrations with the whole family or just get together with some friends to go partying, there will be activities for everyone! Don’t miss them!