LAE Kids encourages children’s learning through play. Our Spanish classes are focused on real life Spanish and through fun and interactive games, class activities and constant praise we encourage the participation of children while also building their confidence when speaking.
We carry out activities in and out of the school so our students get to live the Spanish culture. From cooking, to visiting some of the main sights of Madrid, we aim to give our students a complete experience.
ACTIVITIES OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL
Tours of Museums · Football Stadiums · Visit to zoo · Bike rides in Retiro Park
- New vocabulary: Foods, shopping, cooking utensils, colors, numbers, quantities.
- Spanish in use/Spanish to communicate: How to ask questions, how to ask for things, how to buy food, how to request help.
- Cultural benefits: Understand the foods in different countries, differences between home country and Spain/Madrid.
- Child development: Play and interaction, physical exercise, communication, following rules, addition and subtraction, follow written instructions and written use of all five senses.
Don’t just take our word for it. The BBC offers a quick summary of the benefits of one of our favorite activities: cooking with kids – except we do it in Spanish too!
ACTIVITIES INSIDE THE SCHOOL
Arts and Crafts · Cooking Classes · Hide and Seek · Play Shop
- New vocabulary: Sports, history, transport, numbers, counting, animals, food.
- Spanish in use/Spanish to communicate: How to ask questions, how to ask for things, how to buy entrance tickets, how to read directions.
- Cultural benefits: See Madrid, look at monuments, compare Madrid to home city, understanding of differences in culture and language.
- Child development: Play and interaction, physical exercise, bilateral coordination, balance, communication, following rules.